Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Mary

Forty some years ago I was blessed with a life long best friend. Yep, my little sister was born on this day. Growing up we had our usual sibling fights, but since we reached our adult years and moved many miles apart, we are the best of friends.

It wasn't easy growing up with a little sister just a couple years younger than you. She was so stubborn, that at times she forgot who the big sister was. I tried to boss her around and she wasn't going to mind me. I think she forgot where her place was in the family line. No matter what, I was always going to be the oldest and I wouldn't let her forget it. I can proudly say that we've never had a fight where we didn't speak to each other. Looking back all our fights were very petty way back when, but at the time they were important to us.

Through the years I learned how great it is to have a life long best friend. One who would always be around and listen to your lifes problems. Growing up we have also gone on our own ways and started our own lives and moved many miles apart.

Every chance we get, we always stay in touch and it is so nice to finally get together on all those special occasions.

Have a very Happy Birthday Mary. I love you.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Thank you so much!!! This is the best birthday present I could ever receive! Kind loving words from my sister!!! I love you too!

Some of our squabbles as teens just make me laugh nowdays. Remember when we'd come out of our rooms to meet each other at the breakfast table and - gasp! - we were wearing matching shirts!!! One of us HAD to change - but who? Then we'd pretend we didn't know each other at school. So funny when I think back on it!

Thank you very much for the wonderful birthday wishes! The sentiment behind the words means more to me than you can imagine!