Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dental Update

Yesterday I had my dental checkup, the first one since the extractions. I had to have 4 fillings this time. Jennifer had the day off so she went to Billings with me.

It was a nice day, very warm weather. The temps were in the 50's, but everything sure was and is a soupy mess. We had a good time.

My appointment wasn't until 9:30, we left Hardin early because it had snowed the night before and the roads were pretty slushy. Hubby wanted me to take his truck and leave early because he thought the roads would be bad on account of all that slush. We did, but first we got our fru-fru coffee.

The roads were good, mainly just wet, there was some slush in the passing lanes but the state plows were out getting the roads cleared. The only problem I really had was the windows getting dirty from the other vehicles. Better stock up on more window washing fluids. I drove slower on account we had so much time.

I dropped Jennifer off at the mall and had about a half hour before my appointment. The stores in the mall don't open until 10:00, but she could walk around and get something to drink first. I got to the dentist office early so got in a little early.

He was amazed at how well I'm healing. He said my top gums are doing so nicely that I may get the upper partials earlier than expected. Not all the stitches dissolved, so he took out the remaining ones. The stitches were getting bothersome anyway. When they got long I was clipping them off anyway. My bottom gums are not healing as fast or as much as he would like. Any way he got me ready for the fillings. More shots in my mouth and more drilling. This time I had 4 fillings on the right side, 2 upper and 2 lower. That makes 7 fillings in all. The other 3 are on the left side, 1 upper and 2 lower, but had those done a few months back.

It really wasn't that bad and even he commented on how more relaxed I seem to be now in that chair. I'm so used to all this stuff after three months now and really he doesn't have any more teeth to really work on. I was in his office for just over an hour, not bad at all. I do have to admit that getting fillings are not that bad at all.

I don't have to go back until February 24th. I will be getting my teeth cleaned then have a consult and get another set of impressions made. I thought the first set of impressions being made were for my partials, but that set was for my temporaries. He said my mouth has changed so much that he wants to get another impression without all the swelling. Not too thrilled about wearing the temporaries for another 6 weeks, but on the top side of things it will definately help me lose weight for the contest I'm in at the court house.

After my appointment went to the mall to pick up Jennifer. I did buy me a new pair of boots to wear during the winter. I don't have anything that will come up over my ankle to wear in the snow and ice. I do have my motorcycle boots, but I only wear those for motorcycle riding. They are not winter wear boots anyway. I also got my hair cut. Those are my rewards, a new pair of shoes and a hair cut.

Jennifer and I had a good day yesterday and it was fun. I'm glad she had the day off to go with me. She always laugha when I tell her I need therapy.

2 comments:

Mary~Momathon said...

Glad you are healing so nicely! No surprise, you always do. I need some "therapy" too, but I sure don't want to get fillings to earn it.

Living With Cavemen said...

Yikes! It must be bad when you say fillings aren't that bad. I'm glad you are healing well. And glad you got to have some retail therapy afterward.