Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Still Here

Things have slowed down considerably around here. I know I am behind on keeping you updated on things, but that is how it is going.

We have put the motorcycle away for the winter. We did get in one day of riding a couple weeks ago. We went to Billings for our chapter meeting at Bonez. This is a new place for our meetings and the place is welcoming us. It's a sports bar, so Gary and I went up early to watch the football games and eat. We ordered a plate of nachos. It was a huge platter just heaping with nachos. Between the two of us we couldn't eat it all. They also have their own brewery there, so I tried one of their amber ales. I liked it, but Gary didn't. He is not as adventurous as I am when it comes to beer. I will try anything once. After all I did drink Guiness. We had a good time and I'm getting things ready for the white elephant auction next month.

At the beginning of the month we went to Cody for a tae kwon do tournament. Only me and another student of ours competed. He came home with three medals and I came home with two. We had a good time, but was sure glad to get home. It was just a down and back drive. The only mishap was finding the school. The map and the location of the school didn't jive. I stopped and got directions and we finally found it. Didn't give us much time to get ready for the meeting. Just made it in time.

On Columbus Day I had it off, so spent the afternoon in Billings shopping. Jennifer had to work that afternoon so she couldn't go with me. Let me tell you, shopping by yourself is boring. I did get me two new pair of shoes though. Just what I need, more shoes. I got me a new pair of running shoes and a pair for work. Did get rid of some old shoes in the process. Didn't buy too much stuff on this trip.

Most of the time we have been spending at home, getting some work done around the house. We do have one last trip planned for the year. Gary and I are going to Wendover NV with some friends of ours for four days in November. We got in on a good deal. Will blog about this later.

That's about it for now.

No comments: