Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Independence Day Weekend

To celebrate Independence Day, hubby and I jumped on the Harley and took a quick trip to Meeteetse Wyoming. The main goal was to visit my youngest sister and her family. We left town early in the morning and stopped in Rockvale for breakfast.

We got caught in Cody with the parade, so we got to watch the end of the parade. We were delayed for about a half hour, not bad at all. Made our way to Meeteetse. Got to the house and my brother in law made a trip to the Cody ER with my Mom. That ended up taking them all afternoon. Ken is fine, got some medicine for his abdominal pains. Got some good visiting in with my sister and nephews.

Gary and I went to the Cowboy for a quick bite to eat, just a snack to hold us over until supper. That's when we found out that the bar was going to have a live band that night.

Made all the arrangements for supper. Gary and I shared a pizza, we passed on the ribs. My sister and her hubby had the ribs though. We didn't get to eat in the bar as they were getting it ready for the band, so we sat in the cafe. With the little ones, not allowed in the bar.

After supper Gary gave Harley rides to my sister and nephews. The boys had to see their Mom ride first. Kevin was all excited. The boys had to wear a helmet. Gary took Kevin out twice, they went to town and back. Sam wasn't too sure about it, so he only went to the end of the check station and back. Sam didn't like wearing the helmet, said it made him feel like a bobblehead. I know what he means. Those helmets do get heavy. The boys wore Gary's helmet as it is smaller than mine and the helmet didn't fit Sam quite right.

We visited some more, then made our way back to the Cowboy for some drinking, dancing and listening to music. We were able to get a table for all of us. The bar was full, but not crowded, just right. The band is a local band and they played classical rock & roll.

At one point the band decided that the women needed to show off their stuff. Most of them were youngsters, so Bonnie and I decided to show them how it is done. We didn't win. The prize was a camping chair. Big Jim was the judge and the top three finalists were his granddaugher, wife of a band member and daughter of another band member with Big Jim's granddaughter winning it. Later he told me and Bonnie that he tried to keep it fair. We told him that they had youth on their side. It was all in fun. The dancing was after the shots of Pucker. Bonnie and I each had two shots each, made the dancing easier.

We also got patriotic hats, each one was different. I ended up trading mine for the cowboy looking hat, which I liked better. Ken sure had fun with his hat.

We didn't quite close the bar down, didn't get home until after midnight. Said my goodbyes to Bonnie and Ken as I wouldn't see them in the morning. Will be posting my photos on picasa later tonight. Mmom has her up.

2 comments:

Mary~Momathon said...

Glad you had so much fun! Too bad you didn't win the dance contest. I saw Mom's pictures and I think the contest was rigged.

Mmom said...

You're right about that, but don't tell Big Jim we said so. His whole family was there for the first time in a long while. They had to get the benefits. It was worth the fun just for the exercise.