Friday, October 22, 2010

Happy Anniversary To Me

October 2010 marks my 25th anniversary of working for Big Horn County. Hard to believe that I started working here in October of 1985. Where have the years gone. I can still remember my very first job interview with the county and my first day on the job.

I started out working in the Sheriff's Office as a dispatcher and for 17 years have watched the role of dispatcher evolve into a 9-1-1 operator. After 17 years decided that it was time to turn a new page in my job so I transfered to Justice Court for 2 years. Two years later another transfer came available so I took it and for the past 6 years I have been working for the schools with the county.

I have seen many people come and go and have seen alot of long time employees retire over the years. People that I have worked with and are dear friends.

Even though I am no old enough to retire, it is nice to know that I now have the security of a pension coming to me after 25 years of service. Granted if I retire now, my pension won't be much, but if anything drastic should happen it is nice to have that security.

My goal is to work another 5 years to get my full 30 years of service.

2 comments:

Mary~Momathon said...

25 years already? You're kidding me, right? (as Gracie says)

Mmom said...

Congratulations! Lets celebrate Monday after Halloween. I'll stay and vote Tuesday, then come back. What are you doing Monday evening?