Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Trash Can Turkey

Saturday we were invited to our friends house for a Saturday evening BBQ. On the menu was trash can turkey and fry bread. We had to bring a salad.

We had crappy weather for the weekend, rained the three days, but that didn't stop us from having fun at the BBQ. Went to the store to buy the stuff I needed for my pasta salad. Got my salad made and I'm ready.

We left for Billings early as we had some errands to run before getting to their house. When we have our get togethers everyone brings their own booze, so we stopped at the liquor store to buy some more Jack. I was wandering around and wanted to get some rum. Looking at the Captain Morgans and all the choices I had. Gary found a new rum, Captain Morgans Tattoo. It's a dark rum so I decided to give it a try.

We arrived at our friends house, got my salad on the table and then we just sat around and waited for the others to arrive. I mixed my tattoo rum with diet coke and it was very tasty rum. I think I have found my new favorite rum. I shared my bottle with others and they liked it as well.

I was told that the tattoo part comes when I drink enough I will wake up with a tattoo on my butt. That didn't happen so apparently I didn't drink enough.

Had a great time, there were 14 of us at the BBQ and we all had a great time. The hours sure flew by fast, before we knew it it was 10:00pm. The turkey was delicious and fry bread was good. Had the normal toppings for it, honey, butter and cinnamon. There were two different kinds a jellys and one was a jalapeno jelly. That was very tasty on the fry bread. An assortment of pasta salads and two kinds of desserts. One was a chocolate cake (yummy) and the other was a banana split cake (scrumptious). Gary wants me to get the recipe for the banana split cake.

We spent the night at our friends the Butterfields. They don't like us driving home to Hardin after a night of drinking. Our room was ready for us. In the morning Kitty fixed huevos rancheros. Those are sure good. I got her recipe for that too. I make them at home, but I didn't have any refried beans or churizo.

No comments: