Friday, February 10, 2012

Dentist Appointment

Tuesday I had a dentist appointment after missing for nine months. I was supposed to go in July, but had to cancel because of my surgery. I just never rescheduled and then the holidays hit. Figured I had better get in gear and back on track with my dental health.

Made the appointment and it fit for my schedule as I had a HOG meeting later that night. I took the whole day off to spend in Billings. My dental appointment was scheduled for 11:00 am so I didn't have to leave too early. I just didn't figure out the weather.

Monday morning we had freezing rain and the roads were covered in a thin layer of black ice. Made driving and walking very interesting. I was a bit worried but it had warmed up enough during the day to melt all that ice. Tuesday was a bit snowy just a few flurries. The roads were snowy but fortunately not icy. I left for Billings earlier than usual to allow time for the roads. The passing lanes were snowy and had small ground blizzards along the way. Did get into white out conditions when idiots passed me going 80 mph. Pretty much basic winter driving.

I arrived safe and sound in Billings without any problems. Checked in for my appointment, had a wait just a bit as I was early. Fortunately I took my kindle with me so was able to read Bonnie's book. My appointment went fine, survived the cleaning. Teeth weren't too bad after 9 months and I didn't get scolded either.

Had the rest of the day to wander. Didn't do anything exciting or get any therapy, waiting for that when Jennifer and I go shopping for her Korea trip. I did spend time in shops drinking coffee and I finished Bonnie's book.

My meeting was at 6:00 and we got done around 7:30. I just headed straight home and the roads were better going home at night than they were in the morning. All in all it was a nice day.

I had originally planned to spend some time at the zoo taking photos but the weather didn't cooperate for that. Will have to do the zoo thing later in the spring.

1 comment:

Mary~Momathon said...

Brrrr, winter driving! Gives me chills thinking about it. Glad you had a good appointment. :)