Thursday, May 31, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

Our original plans for Memorial Day Weekend were canceled due to the weather.  We were going to go to Fort Peck with a couple of friends for a ride.  Fort Peck has a summer theater and we were going to see the play "The Odd Couple" female version.  Mother Nature had different ideas.  The weekend was so wet, rainy and cold and with snow in the forecast to where we were going, it was best to cancel.

I had taken Friday off to give me a 4 day weekend, that was when I put flowers on the graves in Hardin and Lodge Grass.  I have to get more flowers, while in Lodge Grass found more of Gary's family buried there.  I at least got that done before the rain hit, now just have to pick up the flowers sometime.

The rest of the weekend was spent staying home and relaxing, did get some housework done.  We mostly watched movies on tv.  We did go to Billings on Saturday to pick up a few things.  We wanted to eat breakfast at the Lariet but it was closed over the weekend, the other restaurant was so full that you couldn't get in without a long wait.  We ended up eating breakfast in Billings.

Monday Jennifer and I went to Billings, I was going to attend to the memorial in the morning, but it was too cold and windy to be standing outside.  Had a good time in Billings, Jennifer bought some new shoes and other stuff. 

We always stop at Barnes & Noble when we are in town, Jennifer's favorite book store.  I grabbed a magazine and a cup of coffee to pass the time, when my friend Lynn arrived with her family.  Got a short visit with her then we headed home.

No comments: