Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Dentist & Doctor Appointments

Thursday I had a dental appointment in Billings.  I was originally to have x-rays taken and a cleaning.  I got a phone call from the dentist's office and was told that I won't be having an x-ray since the doctor will be gone.  I do however, get my cleaning.  I make my appointments in the morning and that will give me the afternoon to shop.

I don't really relish getting my teeth cleaned, but since I've had all this dental work done four years ago I want to keep up my good dental health.  I will have a long life if I do.  I know that this is just a cleaning, but the tools used are just wicked looking.  It takes about an hour to get done and then my teeth are polished afterwards.  I think I would be done faster but I visit with the hygenist and she is really a nice person.  My teeth are pearly white for the summer.

I spent the rest of the day shopping.  Started on buying the supplies for Mmom's birthday party.  I got the napkins, cups, plates, forks and spoons.  Will be getting the food stuff when it's gets closer to the party date.



After lunch I went to the Harley dealership to see about the leather coat that I won on the Gambler's Run.  I told the guy in charge of the run that I would be at the dealership in the afternoon.  That gave him 5 days to get there and pick out a coat.  When I showed up and asked what I need to do, I was told that nobody knew anything about it.  The owner of the dealership was out for the day and he didn't say a word to the second man in charge. I had time to spare before going home, so I drove up to the top of the rims and took some photos of the Billings skyline.






 




I was in the meetings when the chapter was told that the man needs to pick out a coat and the winner can come in and get the right size.  This happened last year and it took the winner three months to get her coat.  Looks like it's going to take that long for me.  The assistant told me that he would get it worked out and will call me.  We were going to ride in the poker run on Saturday and he said he would let me know.  As of yet, I still don't have a coat.

Monday I had my yearly check up with my VA doctor in Sheridan.  Jennifer was off so she went with me.  Nothing new to report here.  I am healthy and things are going ok.  Still struggling with my weight but she told me to just keep doing what I'm doing.  I have a friend on the Atkins diet and he swears by it. I know enough that a diet that wants you to eat foods in high fat is not good for you.  She told me to stay off of any fad diets and if I do anything, Weight Watchers is what she recommends.  They also gave me a tetnus, diptheria and pertussis shot.  Whooping cough is spreading and for a person getting older, it is highly recommened that I get this shot.  OK fine.  Now I wonder how much they are going to charge my insurance.  When I got the flu shot last fall, they charged $117.  I don't think about this until after it's done.

Afterwards Jennifer and I did some shopping.  I should say Jennifer shopped I just wandered.  We ate lunch and then I did take the car to the car wash to get it clean.  I would much rather use their vaccum than mine to pick up the the small rocks.

Now I'm healthy won't get whooping cough and have shiny teeth.



1 comment:

Mmom said...

Glad you're all set for summer. Can't wait to see the shiny teeth.