Thursday, August 16, 2012

3/4 Of A Century Celebration

This year my Mom turned 75 years young.  I say young because she is a very active and youthful senior.  We started planning for this party back in October.  It was a bit difficult with everyone living in different states, but we got it all together.  The hardest part was finding a weekend that would work for all of us.

Everyone was able to make it with the exception of my two nieces Katie and Lexie and their boys.  Just didn't work for their families :(  The best part was that all three of my kids were together for the first time in 5 years.  Hard to believe that it was that long, now I understand why my Mom gets excited when the four of us are together.

The weekend was great, had nice weather and Mom had alot of people come to her party.  Alot of family came to help celebrate.  We were also able to help Meeteetse celebrate the Day of the National Cowboy.  Told Mom that I pray she doesn't want a huge party like this every year, she assured me that the next one will be in 25 years.  That will give us time to recuperate from this one.










                                                                               With the Limings

The birthday girl










1 comment:

Mmom said...

Yes, we did have fun. It was a good celebration. The Mtse merchants love us. They complimented me on how nice my relatives are and how much they like them. They are welcome here anytime.