Friday, April 12, 2013

San Diego Road Trip

A new car and new baby in the family means a road trip.  This was our girls trip for the year and we had a good time.  Jennifer and I left for Meeteetse on Wednesday.  Gma wanted to take us out to dinner so that she could ride in my new car.

We left Meeteetse bright and early on Thursday morning at 6:00 am.  We stopped at Little America near Evanston for lunch and gas stop.  From there we made our way to St. George to spend the night.  We stayed at the Days Inn just off the interstate.  We were supposed to get free internet but Mom and I both had a hard time getting connected.  I was able to for a bit but I was bouncing off the Wendy's internet.

Friday we didn't have to get up so early, we were on the road by 8:00.  I love driving through the Virgin River Gorge.  Everytime I go through there it just looks so different.  Mom was busy taking photos.  We stopped in Las Vegas to pick up Ed.  My GPS on my phone got me where I needed to be.  First we had to run some errands with Ed.  Dropped Eden off at the day care then we had to go to downtown Vegas and drop off a car seat for the girl who would be watching Eden during the weekend.  That was a part of Vegas I have never been too.  Ed's friend works in a coffee shop so we got a coffee for the road.

We made it to Mary's in the afternoon.  Libby had set up a tea party for us and it was a very elegant tea party.  We had real cloth napkins, a lace table cloth.  Not only did we have tea but we also had food, cake, ice cream, vegetables, pancakes, burgers and such.  Dropped Ed off as he would be staying at the Schu Inn for the weekend.

We got cars loaded up and then made our way to San Diego.  I followed Mary to the hotel.  While we were getting checked in, she went to Katie's house to pick up Henry.  Katie went to her doula group to show off Alfred.  We ate dinner at Applebee's and had a good time.  After dinner the three of us went to our motel, while Mary's group went to Murrieta.  Mom and I had a cocktail in the lounge.  For a Friday night it sure was a busy place.  We had to wait to get a table.  I had a mai tai while Mom had a lava flow drink.  Mom's drink was free.  The bartender said that since we had to wait and were inconvenienced that he gave us one drink free.  After two long days of driving the cocktail was very delicious and welcomed.

The GPS on my phone was fantastic and it got me to where I needed to go all weekend.  My only complaint is that she didn't give me enough advance warning on what lane I needed to be in.  I like lots of time to get into the right lane, didn't want to have to cross 5 lanes of traffic all at once.

1 comment:

Mary~Momathon said...

Glad you enjoyed the tea party! Libby looked forward to it and had such a fun time feeding you all of her plastic cupcakes and things. She was thrilled to put on such a wonderful tea party for you all!