Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Party & Presentation

Another busy and fun weekend is in the books.  Saturday we went to our friends the Butterfields for their annual end of summer party at their house.  I had to bring an appetizer and our overnight bag and booze.  They invited 16 people.  For my appetizers I made Catonese Meatballs.  They are made just like Swedish Meatballs only with sweet and sour sauce.  They turned out pretty good, not much was left.

We always have a good time when we get together with our friends, this party was bittersweet as Kitty's father passed away on Wednesday in Arizona.  We were surprised that she was still having her party, but she didn't want it any other way.  She made all of us a Cuba Libre (rum & coke) her dad's favorite drink as we made a toast to him.

Before going to the party, Gary dropped the bike off at the dealership for it's 10,000 mile service, he was actually a bit over but that is how it goes.  We left it overnight and they had it ready for his poker run ride on Sunday.

I didn't ride in the poker run, instead I went to the presentation in Hardin.  One of my tae kwon do students went to Panama for the summer and she was giving a presentation for people who supported her.  We were the only non-church people who gave her money.

The program was a youth ministries that was sponsored through her church.  In fact her dad is the pastor of their church.  This was a program that both her parents did and she wanted to follow in their footsteps.

She did a good job with her presentation and she had a good time.  They were genuinely pleased that I came and I'm glad that I did.  I felt out of place in their church but then it wasn't a regular service that day anyway.  They did invite me to stay for lunch but I had to get home.

With Gary gone, I was able to get some housework done.  He got home around 3:00.  He had a good time and all the proceeds on this poker run went to the Montana History Flight for WWII vets.  The run was just through Billings. 

No comments: