Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Back Splash Project

The Memorial Day weekend was a very busy one for us.  It started on Friday night.  Work is getting pretty stressful with me working both schools and elections.  I am running the primary election this year due to the husband of the election administrator running for sheriff.  It really isn't a problem as far as the state is concerned but there is a small faction already complaining about it.  So to prevent any sort of question on the election, I am handling most of the duties.

We met our friends the Butterfields in Hardin for dinner and drinks at the 4 Aces.  Kitty's sister was in town so that they could pay their respects to their parents buried here.  We met them at 6:00 and we didn't leave until 1:30 am.  Had a great time, alot of laughs and just a great time.

Saturday morning we decorated the graves in Hardin, then went to Billings to run errands and pick up our bike that was in the shop.  The Sunday before while we were going to the meeting, the speedometer, tach and radio quite working.  It was recommended that we don't ride, so got it in for repair.  Wanted to get the problem take care of before the ride to Deadwood in a week.  Bike is fixed and running well, now just have to reprogram everything.  Saturday evening we went to Lodge Grass to decorate the graves up there.

Sunday, I put up the back splash in my kitchen.  It took me most of the afternoon to get it done.  I am by no means the perfect installer but it turned out pretty good.  I have a blister on my finger from cutting the tiles with the tin snips.  Don't look too closely in the corners, you will see my mistakes.  The hardest part was cutting out the spaces for the outlets and light switch.  While I was working in the kitchen, Gary cleaned out the porch.  Now all that is left is to paint.  Have to find the right color now.  I picked out two samples, but now those colors are not exciting me.

Monday morning I cleaned the tae kwon do school.  It took me several hours but I cleaned everything.  My business neighbor has moved out, so I was stopped by someone who would be interested in renting the other side, then the landlord came over with an insurance adjuster to check out the roof damage from the hail storm.  He is wanting to sell the building and is willing to sell it to me.  Told him that I would have to talk about it with Gary.  By the way we are not interesting in buying the building.  While I was cleaning, Gary mowed the lawn.  The rest of the day was spent relaxing, now I am gearing up for this busy week before election.

Here are photos of my back splash.
Before

After

Before

After


1 comment:

Mmom said...

looks good. Glad you got your bike back in time for some rides.