Sunday, July 27, 2008

Harley Picnic & Olympics

Today we went to Huntley for the Beartooth HOG Chapter picnic and olympics. It was alot of fun and we got to have a good time with our new friends. There is another couple from Hardin in the group. In fact they are neighbors of ours just around the corner. We had good food catered in. We ate burgers, hot dogs, chicken, potato salad, broccoli salad, fruit, chips and drinks. There must have been about 30 of us there. It was a family picnic, so there were a few kids present. After we ate, the games began. We got in on the balloon toss. The balloons were filled with water and had been sitting in water, so nobody got a dry balloon. We made it to the final round, but I didn't throw the balloon far enough for Gary to catch it. He didn't get wet, the balloon landed on the ground. You should have seen one catch I made with the balloon. I caught it between my pinky fingers and didn't drop it. Just laid it on the ground to get it back in my hands to toss back. For the bike wash game, the driver had to go under a rope and the passenger had to throw a water balloon over the rope and catch it without breaking. We were going to do this together, but one of the kids really wanted to play, so he was Gary's passenger. He threw the balloon too hard. It hit Gary on the shoulder and then fell to the ground. Neither one of them got wet with a water balloon. Some of the drivers did get wet when the balloons landed on them. The next game was the plank race. You got into teams of 4 and you have your feet strapped onto a plank. You have to work together to make it across the finish line. It was alot of fun to watch. We were going to get in, but let a couple kids get in on the fun. The third game was to see how slow the driver could go before putting his foot on the ground. Gary didn't get in on this game because he has the advantage. With a trike, he could go as slow as a snail and his foot would never touch the ground. The highlight of the games was the pie eating contest. Only 4 people got in on this and one was a kid. It sure was fun watching these guys eat the pies, but what a mess. There was pie in their hair and one guy has a beard and mustache. One was a kid and he did pretty good at first but then he got too full. The other two people were father and daughter. They had 5 minutes to eat as much pie as they could. The lone female won, at least according to the official. To me it looked like the father ate the most. He only had the bottom crust left of his pie. The pie eating was the highlight of the games. The prizes were pretty good stuff, from the Harley dealership. There were cups, water bottles, mouse pads, coasters. Afterwards everyone left. It was hot today, but at least a breeze was blowing to cool things off just a bit and the park was shady. It sure was a fun day for all. Next year we both are going to be more prepared.

I almost forgot, we got to Huntley early so we stopped at the local bar to get a diet coke. Gary stayed outside and was checking things out on the bike, so I went in to get the coke. There was a guy in there talking to me and welcoming me to their little town and then he asked me to have a seat. I told him that my husband was outside waiting for me. He assured me that he wasn't hitting on me and I told him of course he wasn't. I thought I was going to have to take Gary inside just to prove to the guy that I really have a husband. It was funny. Gary has been teasing me about getting hit on. I figure what the hey, I still got it.

1 comment:

Living With Cavemen said...

Sounds like you guys had fun.

Congrats on getting hit on! Of course you've still got it!