Saturday, September 20, 2008

Retail Therapy

I highly recommend retail therapy. On Thursday I had my dental appointment. After spending two hours in the dentist's chair, I was so traumatized that I needed therapy.

The dentist took a bunch of x-rays of my teeth, measured my mouth and a bunch of other stuff. Then they numbed my mouth and my lower right side was cleaned and probed. They didn't do the upper right because my front teeth are still pretty tender. The dentist is pleased at how well I'm healing. Now my teeth are just tender, no longer sore. When I go back in a month, that's when I get the rest of my teeth cleaned and probed.

It took about a couple hour for the numbness to go away and then I was just sore the rest of the day, but my therapy session really helped.

First I did something sensible, got the oil changed in my car for my road trip to California. Then the therapy session started. I first bought two new pair of jeans. Tried on a bunch of clothes, very fun. Only came out with the 2 pair. On to the next store. It was here that I bought my snickers. I got 2 bags for $4. I left one bag here at home, but a little imp who lives in my house found them. Today there are only 2 left and I only ate one at home. The other bag I took to the office. These are used for my chocolate fix. Snickers is my favorite candy bar. The bags I bought are the mini sized ones. Since they are on sale for Halloween, I have plenty of time to stock up.

Next stop was the mall. I wanted to get a new pair of shoes, but couldn't find the pair that I wanted. Will get that on my next therapy session.

Got home in plenty of time to relax before heading off to our martial arts classes.

I highly recommend this type of therapy for everyone. It was so relaxing and fun.

I was bummed out when I found out my newest niece is being a difficult child. She decided that she didn't want her birthday on Friday. But that's ok, as long as she decides her birthday is before I get to her house for a week long visit.

Friday was also a good day. I got a huge raise at work. With retroactive pay included, my check was pretty nice. Wish all my checks were like that. I am excited, first we were only going to get $1 an hour raise, but I actually got over $2 an hour. I was in shock, but I'll take it.

2 comments:

Living With Cavemen said...

I LOVE retail therapy. Glad you got to spend money on yourself.

I hate the dentist too.

Mary said...

A big raise and a nice shopping trip! Score! Glad to hear your teeth are healing up nicely.

Your new niece is taking her sweet time making her debut. I'll keep you updated. I'm sure she'll be here by the time you get here.