Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy 40th Birthday Bonnie

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BONNIE!!!! This is the day that my baby sister was born, 40 years ago. When she was younger she was such a good little sister. She would mind her big sister with no problem. She didn't cause any problems, she was so cute.

It was when she got older that she started to become a brat. I'm really just kidding, she is still a sweet little thing. I had waited years to get even with her on this day. She had teased me unmercifully when I turned 40, I couldn't believe it. My baby sister would do this to me. I got even with her though.

She had been stewing all day about how I would get even. I bought her a card that played the theme to Star Wars and it teased her about how long long long ago she was born on this day. Her boys would get a kick out of it. I even put in a package of confetti inside the card. My idea was for her to open the car and all this confetti would be strewn around. She got my card, but she was so suspicious that she opened it very carefully. It is hard to get even when we live in different time zones. Even my daughter thought I was so mean to my sister. But she thought it was funny, especially when I explained to her how her aunt teased me.

I'm glad that she has embraced being 40, it really isn't all that bad. She even had the courage to tell her son's her true age. All these years she had her boys convinced that she is 29. I would give her a hard time about lying to her children.

Happy Birthday Bonnie, love ya.