Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wax Try In

Yesterday I went to my dentist to have the wax try in before getting my partials. Jennifer was off so she went with me again. This time I dropped her off at Wal-Mart so that she could get breakfast. This particular Wal-Mart has a McDonald's in it.

I got to the dentist office and was called in right away. He put in my partials, at first he thought that they were the regular ones, but found out they were wax. My bottom ones need to be fixed as they were slanted. He marked where they need to be. My upper ones had to be tightened as they were pretty loose and fell out. Also the back clasp has to be ground down as when I bite I hit it. He took pictures of me with them in so that he can show the people who makes them what needs to be done.

That sure is alot of metal that will be in my mouth. I will have to get used to that. I kept thinking that when I go through the air port security I will be setting off all kinds of alarms.

I get the partials next Wednesday. I can't wait. It has been three months since I had all my teeth extracted. I am so ready to get them, I want to go out to eat. In fact I have been getting better about taking out the temporaries in public. It really isn't that bad.

This is the first visit that I had at the dentist that I didn't have shots in my mouth, teeth pulled or any kind to torture tool put in my mouth. In fact I was only in there for half an hour, Jennifer was surprised that it was so short. She said that normally it takes 2 hours.

All I can say is WOW. What a huge change this is going to be. I was amazed that they were able to match my regular teeth, in fact it is hard to tell. Just wait until you see me.

My treat this time was a hair cut. I'm saving the huge shopping therapy for next week.

1 comment:

Mary~Momathon said...

Next week! That's great! I had no idea it would take this long - the whole process. I can't wait to see you and check out your new smile.

Thanks in advance for driving mom to the airport tomorrow and picking her up next week - we are looking forward to her visit!