Monday, March 30, 2009

I Won

Every year my work place has a weight loss contest. I won it two years ago with a loss of 14 pounds. Well I won again this year with a loss of 12 pounds.

We always start the first Monday after the New Year. Everyone pays $5 to begin and we weigh in every week for 12 weeks. If you lose weight that is great, but if you gain you have to pay $1. You have to stay at you lowest weight. So if a person gained 4 pounds one week and lost only 2 of those 4 the next, you would still need to pay $1 until you get back down to what your lowest was. I have had to pay $1 here and there.

This year our pot was huge. We had a contest last fall but nobody won. People either gained or stayed at their beginning weight. The concensus of the group was just to keep that money for this one and we would have one huge pot. It was huge, I won a total of $218.

Last time I had the trip to Hawaii as an incentive, this time I had the huge money as the incentive. Now I get to go shopping.

I am going to take Jennifer and Gary out for dinner for putting up with me, not only was I dieting so were they.

Maybe for lunch I'll have an ice cream.

The other women are asking me what my secret is, this time I had all this dental work done and couldn't eat. Still can't eat like I used to. I am still getting used to wearing these partials and biting down is still a challenge, but I'm getting better at it. I just eat so slow now.

4 comments:

Mary~Momathon said...

Congrats! I don't know if I want to try your dieting secret though.

Wolfpak5 said...

It is a rather costly diet plan

Mary~Momathon said...

I lost 4 lbs since I weighed myself two or three weeks ago. Not sure if it is because of Mom wearing me out at Disneyland or if it was Gracie wearing me out at the zoo last week. Lots of walking and pushing 50 pounds of kid in the stroller, that must be the trick. I'll have to get out more often!

Living With Cavemen said...

Congrats! But I don't want the same $4k diet plan either. Have fun spending your winnings, you deserve some ice cream now!