Sunday, June 7, 2009

Birthdays and Football

Had a very busy week last week. First to top it off, it was my birthday. Very low key event because now every year brings me closer to that dreaded big one, you know the big one that is the F word we are not allowed to say.

Wednesday my hubby and daughter took me out for dinner after work. I was very surprised because they wouldn't tell me where we were going. To my surprise we went to Olive Garden. The hubby is not a fan of Italian and my daughter only likes it occassionally. Very delicious food but were full so no dessert. Hubby did make me a cake but I wonder if it wasn't because I was complaining about it. Normally I wouldn't get all this attention, but I spent the week reminding them that it was coming. Next year I will staty mum about it and see if they will remember.

Why is it that mom's and wives always remember birthdays but when it's mom or wife birthday they forget?

Yesterday the hubby and I were bored so we decided to go watch the football game in Billings. The Billings team played the team from Sioux Falls, the number 1 team in the league. Billings is ranked number 2. We figured that it would be an exciting game but the Billings Outlaws ran away with it. The final score was 70-35. We left the game with just over six minutes left, by then the score was 63-28. It was after 10 last night when we got out of Billings, had to get up early to take the daughter to work. Told the hubby that if Sioux Falls scores 6 touchdowns in 6 minutes then we can be mad, but I didn't see it.

In the middle of the first quarter that was a big melee and two players were ejected, one from Billings and the other from Sioux Falls. Figured the one from Sioux Falls was their bit play maker, because after that they didn't have anything. Probably didn't help when one of the Sioux Falls players got hurt. He was taken off the field by ambulance.

We sat in the end zone area and it was pretty good. It's only a 50 yard field so you can see both ends pretty good. The only bad thing about sitting there is when there is a small break in the game, they will throw t-shirts, footballs and other things into the stands. Our section was the only one that didn't get anything thrown to. Too bad because there were quite a few kids in the section. Some of them were upset, but that is how it goes.

The weather this month has been pretty icky. Cold and rainy. We have had rain every day this month. Good thing is that we don't have to water the lawn, but the grass is growing pretty good and it's too wet to mow. Hope we can get it mowed before Thursday. Too wet to ride the bike. We don't want to ride when we don't have too.

We actually had to turn the heater back on. Here it is June and we have the house heater going. Mainly to take the chill off in the mornings. Hope the weather straightens out because on Thursday we are leaving for Deadwood with the HOG chapter and I would like nice weather to ride through the Black Hills.

2 comments:

Living With Cavemen said...

Sounds like a Happy Birthday anyway!

Too bad the game wasn't more exciting. That's an awful score though. Yikes!

Mary~Momathon said...

Gary made a cake?!?!?! WOW.