Monday, June 22, 2009

Road Trip

Summer is here and that means only one thing, ROAD TRIP. Got back from my road trip from sunny California. I have three days to relax and get ready for the next one.

We had a good time in California and I will blog later about all the stuff that we got done in just six days. Actually it was two days because four of those days were spent in the car driving.

We had good weather all the way. It rained on us in Utah, a little in both Wyoming and Montana.

It takes me two days to get to Murrieta California, where my sister lives. Provo Utah is about the mid point, so I always try to make it to Provo and if there is enough time (usually isn't) I will try for Nephi Utah. That means we are in the car for 11-12 hours. I do make stops to get out and walk around a bit and naturally for gas and we eat lunch somewhere.

It's not so bad when I'm heading west as I gain an hour as soon as I get into Nevada, however coming back I lose that hour.

It was hot in the desert, 97 degrees. According to the locals that was cool, but for us mountain people it was hot. As soon as we got into Utah it was raining so it dropped 20 degrees and then further up the road rain again so it dropped another 20 degrees. By this time it's cold, 59 degrees.

We got home safe and sound and now gearing up for the next one.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I'm glad you got home safe and sound! Thanks for coming out, it was so great to see you! I was so wiped out tired that I haven't done much since you left, today I have to get with it and get things back to normal. The happily married couple are home from their little honeymoon. He leaves on Saturday morning, so we have a week to cut the ties and get her off our car insurance and all that fun stuff! :)

Wolfpak5 said...

The joys of paperwork when one gets married. Hope she gets everything done to get her name changed on everything.