Sunday, August 30, 2009

Dentists

On Thursday I had a scheduled dentist appointment for a cleaning. My teeth are now nice and shiny for Ireland.

Wednesday Jennifer and I went to Billings to get some shopping done for our trip. We needed to get all the small stuff. I did manage to find a passport security carrier that I can wear around my neck. I wanted one like Jen has, but couldn't find those. I wanted one that has zippers and finally found one. Was going to buy an inflatable neck pillow, but decided against that. My carry on bag is pretty small and so far it has alot in it.

We had a good time and enjoyed ourselves. When we got home Gary was not feeling well. He wanted me to make him a dental appointment at a dentist that advertises that cowards are welcome. He said that he has a toothache all day and now he is feverish and just not feel well overall. I convinced him to see my dentist since I had an appointment anyway.

On Thursday morning, Gary was in so much pain and his upper lip looked like he had taken a botox shot, it was very swollen and he was feverish. We left early and my dentist did manage to squeeze him in. Gary ended up getting his tooth pulled, he has an infection and has to take some antibiotics. My appointment went very well. The dentist gave me two small tubes of toothpaste for my trip.

Needless to say I didn't get any therapy done on Thursday. Gary was just feeling too run down and crummy to do anything. All he wanted to do was come home and get some sleep. He is now feeling better, but still gets run down in the evenings.

My dentist was going to tease him that his wife handled the shots better than he did. Gary was ready for it, but he didn't get teased at all. We were in rooms next to each other and I could hear him moan a little when he got the shot in his mouth. Because of the infection it took a few more shots than normal to get numb. Gary did say that the extraction itself wasn't bad at all, just getting the shots.

Gary also said that from now on he will not longer tease me about not being able to eat. Today he is much better and we are trying to figure out where to ride to today.

No comments: