Thursday, August 20, 2009

Travel Documents

I received our travel documents for our trip of a lifetime today. I was supposed to get them last week, but my travel agent didn't get them until Monday, then she wanted to read the itinerary and go over our flight schedule one last time to make sure everything was ok. She also was going to try to get us an earlier flight out of Billings, as she wasn't comfortable with our 35 minute layover in Salt Lake.

We all got a very nice leather travel wallet, has a zippered compartment and also a couple compartments to stuff our boarding passes and other important stuff we will need. We have our airport shuttle vouchers and a list of the motels we will be staying at. There are also copies of the motel list to keep at home for our family and friends. I already mailed Grandma a copy of our itinerary and the motel list today.

We will be visiting the cities of Dublin, Kildare, Waterford, Kenmare Bay, Limerick, Galway and Sligo. Some of the sites we will see are the Irish National Stud Farm; Japanese Garden, a Norman Castle, Waterford Crystal Factory, Blarney Castle and kiss the blarney stone, the Ring of Kerry, Adare, St. Mary's Cathedral, King John's Castle and the Treaty Stone, Bunratty Castle and folk park, Cliffs of Moher, the Burren, Knock, Drumcliff, Boyle, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Phoenix Park, Trinity College, Old Jameson Whiskey Distillery.

There will be alot to see and do. We will also have optional excursions at an extra cost and I hope we do a couple of these. One I would like to do is the Irish Ceilidh Evening. That is traditional Irish music and dancing and maybe see the Glen of Two Lakes. We will get to see monastic sites dating back to the 7th century.

With the three of us we will have a ton of photos to be posted and shared.

3 comments:

Mmom said...

how much are the optional excursions and how soon do we have to book them?

I need to know how much extra money I need or if I need it now.

I'm ready to go.

Wolfpak5 said...

There are about 8 optionals and they range in price from 16 euro to 65 euro, I think we have to make our decisions when we get there.

Mary~Momathon said...

sounds like a fantsastic trip!