Thursday, February 25, 2010

Mardi Gras

Sunday the HOG chapter celebrated Fat Tuesday. I know it was a bit late, but better late then never. It was also the 20th anniversary of the Beartooth HOG Chapter.

Our meeting was held at Bones Brewery and we had free food. There were around 50 people there, free food really brings them in. We could dress up for Mardi Gras if we wanted, but the only thing I have is mardi gras beads, so I wore them. I even got two new strings of beads at the party.

We held our usual meeting, which was pretty short. Just talked about the riding season and some of the new things they want to do. Like an overnight camping trip. We will get the official cards with the dates and places of the riding meetings next month. March will be our last indoor meeting until October.

We then got to eat. The food was good, but I will not make a good Cajun woman. We had gumbo, jumbalaya and crawfish. I took just a little bit of everything. I only took one fish. We had a choice of hot or cold fish. I took hot figured it would be better. All I know about eating crawfish is to snap them in half and somehow you are supposed to suck out the insides. I didn't do any sucking, that just didn't work out. I just tore mine up and dug out the little meat with my fingers. I won't go out of my way eating crawfish. I at least tried it. Gary wouldn't. The gumbo was spicy. Not very hot, but it did have a kick to it. Good thing I had my beer to drink it all down. That I can do, drink the beer like a good Cajun woman. For dessert we had crepes and they were sure tasty.

After eating we were divided into groups of four for a little trivia game. The team we were on came in dead last. Part of the problem was that the person with the noise maker wouldn't wait until the whole question was read. Some of the answers were multiple choice. Also the emcee had selective hearing with the noise makers. Not all of them were very loud. We did get credit for answering four questions right. This is where I got my two new strings. The winning team go their pick of prizes. There were t-shirts, magnets, coffee mugs and shot glasses.

It was all in fun. I had sewed on our blood drive patches on our vests the night before and then Gary got his MDA run patch that he participated in over Labor Day. I didn't get one because I was in Ireland, which is ok. Just what I need, more patches to sew.

We had a real good time. Nothing better than getting together with our good biker friends, eating good food and drinking beer.

Being a trashy biker is not all that bad.

No comments: