Sunday, February 21, 2010

Valentines Day Weekend

I know I am behind, but what is new.

What a busy week I had, nothing but meetings all week at work, it got to the point where I forgot what meeting I was in.

Last weekend I had three days off due to President's Day on Monday. Friday Gary took me out for Valentines Day. We ended up spending the night in Billings as we stayed out too late to drive home. It is so nice to be able to just not come home and worry about kids.

We stayed at the C'mon Inn, had a swimming pool and five hot tubs. There is a huge courtyard with a pond filled with fish, a waterfall and a bridge. Very nice atmosphere. There are four hot tubs around the pond, the other hot tub is in the same room as the pool. We soaked in the warm waters Friday night and Saturday morning.

For dinner we wanted to eat where we've never been before so we ate at Old Chicago. We shared a pizza, this was a typical sports bar type of place. You mostly get pizza, pasta and burgers. The pizza was good. They also have all these different beers from different brewerys. We were not in the mood to try something different. After dinner we then went gambling.

In Montana the only games to play are poker and keno. Very boring after our trip to Wendover. Anyway we played poker and I won $52 on a machine, cashed out with $64.30. Between the two of us play, we came out ahead $4. 30. Not to mention that our beer was free.

In the morning we just relaxed at the motel, didn't have to check out until noon so we took advantage of that. For the price we paid for the room we were going to use their tubs and such. There is a breakfast at the motel and you eat around the courtyard. Very nice.

Just wished the weather was nice, it had started to snow that morning. We had signed up at the Harley dealership to donate blood for bikers. For doing this we got a patch and a coupon for 20% off in store items that day. We were worried about me being able to donate because I am anemic and also that I had traveled out of the country.

I was barely able to donate blood. The first time she checked me for my iron count I was too low, but she took it a second time and I just barely made it, so she let me donate. That was good because it was my idea to donate and I knew for sure that if I wasn't able to, I would never hear the end of it.

We got our patches, you know bikers will do anything for patches. With our coupons I bought another new shirt and Gary got a new wallet. It had snowed all day pretty hard in Billings, so our trip home was very slow going. Roads were very icy. Saw many slide offs on the way home. At the same token, there were many more idiot drivers thinking that the roads were bare and dry.

Monday Jennifer and I both had it off, so up to Billings we went for shopping. We left after lunch and had a great time. We both bought a pair of the Sketchers shape up shoes. I had wanted to get a pair anyway. I have a friend who has them and she swears by them. She thought they would be a great shoe for someone who is on their feet all day. We tried them on and really liked them. Jen was able to get her pair that day, but mine are being shipped to me. None of the stores in the mall had the shoe I wanted in my size. They had other colors, just not the one I wanted. With the price I was paying for these shoes, I didn't want to just settle.

Jennifer wore her shoes to work, but for her they are not going to work. She says that the floors are too greasy and she was sliding around. Not enough grip on the soles for her. She says they were comfortable to wear. I am waiting patiently for mine to arrive.

1 comment:

Mary~Momathon said...

Glad you had a nice Valentine get-away! Sounds very nice and relaxing. All except for the drive home.

Those shoes look like I'd topple over, or maybe I'd be like a weeble - just wobble but won't fall down. I should try on a pair at the mall. I bought a pair of Nike shoes and they have been great for my long days of walking when I take the kids on outings.