Monday, May 24, 2010

May Update

My summer calendar is filling up fast. Can't believe that May is almost over, seems like it just started.

Last week I had my yearly appointment with my doctor at the VA, just a check up. My iron numbers are still down so have to keep taking my iron pills. She also put me on calcium and vitamin D supplements for my bone health. Since I am approching that magical age that all women just love, I have to start making my bones stronger so that they won't break so easily. Right. Anyway I had a choice, she could prescribe the calcium and vitamin D and I would be charged $24 for a 90 day supply, or I could just go down to Wal-Mart and get the same thing for $8. This is a no brainer. I can't do it with my iron though. Since my numbers are still down after two years, she wants me to take the prescribed amount. On the plus side she wasn't worried about my weight. I had actually gained a couple pounds because I was too busy celebrating Gma's birthday and then when Mary was here I just ate.

On the 15th of May we went for a short bike ride to Rockvale and had an ice cream cone. Nothing in particular just wanted to go for a ride and since we left later in the afternoon could only go a short distance. The weather was beautiful and it was a nice ride. The 16th was our regular HOG meeting and we went to Ryegate. I won a t-shirt as a door prize but have to exchange it as it is too big. After our meeting we rode with some friends to Harlowton, up to Judith Gap, over to Lewistown and then down to Roundup. We went to Lavina to get back to Billings then home. We were gone all day. It was a nice day and the best part was the stretch from Harlowton to Judith Gap no wind. The wind turbines were not even moving. For the first time we traveled that highway we didn't get whiplash from the wind trying to know our heads off.

Yesterday we went to a graduation party for our friends daughter. They live in Molt and their house is hard to find. We met friends in Laurel and followed them to the house. We were a tad early but it wasn't too long before the family got home. It was a very nice day for a party. We were served sandwiches, fresh fruit (strawberries, raspberries and blue berries), chips and cake. I even got sunburned on one side. Have to learn to keep sunscreen in the vehicles.

Wednesday we are invited to a BBQ for a friends birthday, I have to bring chips for salsa. Looking forward to that. I will be taking off from work early so that we won't have to rush.

We are thinking about doing the Southern 500 ride next Sunday. Alot depends on the weather and also how Gary will feel. The route takes us up and over the Big Horns. He has to work on Monday and these long distance rides take so much out of him. He has to do all the driving. My job is to just sit back and enjoy the ride. I also get Monday off to recupe.

No comments: