Thursday, May 13, 2010

Birthdays

This was the week to celebrate birthdays and Mother's Day. Last Sunday my grandmother celebrated her 102nd birthday. She looks amazing and it was a great day. My sister and her two youngest daughters from California and my brother from Nevada made the trip up to celebrate. Hubby and I met the birthday girl in Cody at the Irma Hotel for a brunch buffet. Just so happens that grandma's birthday fell on Mother's Day this year, so we got to eat a delicious buffet.

There were twenty people in all celebrating. Not only us but also some of my grandmother's friends made the day. It was all good food and the weather cooperated for the day. It was fairly warm, at least no rain. I managed to get in a good visit with my brother and sister before the hubby and I made our way home.

Hubby and I met my sister, nieces and brother at Wal-Mart. We had some things to pick up and this gave us a great chance to get a bit more visiting in. My niece Gracie was upset because I don't have a car seat. She wanted to ride with me, but had to ride with her mother because I don't have a car seat. She made it perfectly clear that I was to follow them to Wal-Mart.

Gracie went with me shopping. She had a good time. I helped Gracie and Libby get a flower for their mother on Mother's Day. While we were waiting to check out, Gracie saw some Princess Jasmine toys and she asked if I would buy that for her. I did, one for both girls. Gracie told the checker that it was her birthday and that she was 4. The checker told her happy birthday. Then Gracie told the checker that it was also her grandma's birthday today.

The checker looked at me and commented on how special that I could celebrate my special birthday with my granddaughter. I very politely informed the checker that I was not Gracie's grandmother. We then waited for Mary in the Subway. We were enjoying our drinks and Gracie couldn't wait to play with Princess Jasmine. She wanted to take the plastic off the flower for her Mom, but I managed to keep that on until she could give the flower to her Mom. Not too sure if the flower made it back to Meeteetse or not.

Jennifer was not able to make the trip with us as she had to work. She opens on Sundays, so that means she has to be at work at 5:00 am. Did make it back home to spend some time with her. For supper was just got some subs from Subway to eat at home.

Here are some photos of the birthday celebration.








2 comments:

Mmom said...

We did have fun. Gracie had lots of adventures. Lets do it again.

Wolfpak5 said...

We need to take a page out of Gracie's book and have birthdays everyday.