Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving

We had a nice and quiet Thanksgiving at the Liming house. The weather wasn't great, had alot of snow and it was cold, but started to warm up. I cooked up the meal with our favorite holiday foods. We had invited some guests to come, but only one was able to make it. The other one got called in to work. I was afraid that we wouldn't have enough turkey, but there was alot of meat on that 10 pound bird. We did have our leftovers.

I took Black Friday off, not to go shopping for the big deals, just because with the schools closed for the holiday work would have been very long and boring. Jennifer had to work Friday morning, so we decided to go shopping when she got off at 3:00.

We left Hardin around 4:00 pm. Jennifer didn't get off work until 3:30 and by the time she got home and changed out of her uniform it was 4:00. We stopped at Wal-Mart as I got my photo Christmas cards done and needed to pick them up. I also had to get the stuff for my basket I'm making for our Tae Kwon Do party on Dec. 4. We got all of our must haves done and now to the fun part.

A couple years ago I started working on a Christmas Village. I have quite the collection of buildings, now I need people and the little stuff that makes a village. That is a hard quest this year. Normally I am able to get the village stuff at Wal-Mart, but not this year. We even looked in the mall and nothing. We stopped off at Target to look, nothing. I decided to check out K-Mart and if nothing then we could go home. I found paydirt. Picked up some people for my village and I'm happy. Couldn't believe how hard it was to find Christmas Village stuff. I did get some ideas on what to get Jennifer this year. Told her not to buy stuff she needed with Christmas coming.

We had a good time and enjoyed ourselves. The best part was no snow, had good roads and good weather. It was on Saturday when I found out about the Christmas parade Billings has on Friday night and we missed it. It would have been fun going downtown and strolling the streets. Maybe next year.

It snow again on Sunday all day and night, this time we had wind so that caused some drifts. Monday morning the front of my car was all drifted in. Fortunately the back was clear so I was able to get in and out of the driveway. In one week we have had 2 feet of snow on the ground.

I know that it is winter and we do get snow in Montana, but do we have to get it all at once. Gary bought a snow blower last year with the theory that once he bought it, it wouldn't snow again. Good investment, he has been out several times already blowing the snow. He does our neighbors walk too. Just in time for the state snow plow to plow all that snow and then some right back on the sidewalk.

The city has been printing the snow removal code in the paper and the briefs. Property owners are required to have the snow removed from their sidewalks four hours after the snow or by 11:00 am which ever comes first. Also property owners are not allowed to put the snow in the streets or gutters. Some people do and some don't. Even the city wasn't very fast on clearing the city owned sidewalks. It was a couple days after the last storm that the city removed the snow off of their walks. We are so glad that Mom's neighbors take care of her sidewalk.

This weekend we are busy with parties and the toy run. Tonight is the toy run party, then tomorrow night is the Tae Kwon Do party and Sunday morning is the toy run at the mall. Will tell you all about our weekend next time.

No comments: