Friday, January 7, 2011

Dental Appointment & HOG

Tuesday I had a dental appointment that was scheduled a long time ago. Since then I was nominated and elected to be the secretary for our local HOG Chapter. It turned out that the HOG Officers meeting and my dental appointment were on the same day.

My dental appointment was set for 10:00 am and the officers meeting is set for 6:00 pm. I tried to get the time changed for my dental but couldn't. More therapy time for me.

I met Mmom for coffee before leaving. It was nice and got caught up on all the happenings in Meeteetse. Down the road I went with my coffee refill and to my wonderful teeth cleaning appointment.

Got my teeth cleaned and it didn't take long at all, got my next appointment scheduled and now I just have to run some errands before undertaking my therapy. I was going to get the oil changed in my car, but the in and out oil changing station at the car dealer is closed for remodel until March and you have to go the the main service department for an oil change. I checked and they couldn't do the in and out, I would have to make an appointment. No oil change, will get that done some other day when I can make an appointment.

I had plenty of time to spare before the HOG meeting. Since I got a new digital camera for Christmas, what a perfect time to take it out and get some photos taken. I went to the zoo. My photos are posted on my picasa site.

Do you know how boring it is to have to spend all day in Billings. Any other time it would be fun, but because I was forced to stay it got boring. I did wander through the mall and watched people. Had fun going in and out of the shops, I even got a free massage.

There is a massage place in the mall and for $12 you can get a 10 minute massage. I politely told the little guy NO, but he said to come on in for a try. I got in the chair and got a massage. Naturally I was told that my shoulders are very tight and that I need a massage. He even told me that I have shoulder pain. I don't. I have to admit that it did feel good.

Before going to the meeting I stopped at McDonald's for a vanilla latte and decided that it would be a good time to go over my handbook one more time before going into the meeting.

Got to the meeting on time, had our short meeting, lasted about an hour. Got my photo taken for the website and also the newsletter. I do have to submit my minutes for the newsletter, so got them done and sent off.

I take minutes for two meetings a month. The officers meeting on the first Tuesdays of every month and the chapter meeting on the third Sundays of every month.

I didn't get home until after 8:00 pm. Enjoyed my day.

No comments: