Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year Resolutions

I know I'm five days late, but getting this done. I am one of those people who do make resolutions, but mine are really simple. I only have two.

My main goal is to lose these pesky 10 pounds if it kills me. I have been battling these 10 pounds for the past couple years and I'm bound and determined to get them off. I do have my 30th class reunion this year, so I want them off by my birthday. I would love to have 15 pounds off, but will settle for ten.

My second resolution is to be more diligent in taking my calcium supplement pills. Last May my doctor recommended that I take these supplements to make my bones healthy, since I am approaching that magical age of 50. Like I needed to be reminded of that.

I had a choice, she could prescribe them and it would cost me $27 for a 90 day supply or I could go to Wal-Mart and get a 90 day supply of the same thing for $8. I went to Wal-Mart. The calcium supplements are horse pills and I have a hard time swallowing them, so I don't take them like I should. Once in a while for me.

Gary would get after me for not taking the supplements like I should. I tell him that they aren't prescribed just recommended. He said that he was going to report me to my doctor to get me into trouble. I think he just wants my bones strong and healthy because he is afraid of my past experience in fracturing and cracking my bones.

So far I have been pretty good at taking the supplements. I can break them in half and then I take them when I eat breakfast. I am supposed to take two a day, but once a day is fine for me. I took them once twice a day.

Those are my resolutions. Nothing fancy or earth shattering. Not going to win any prizes this year, but there they are.

1 comment:

Mmom said...

Eat raisins and liver & onions. The onions don't have iron, but they help with the taste of the liver. Works for me. And my one-a-day vitamins have iron too.