Thursday, March 3, 2011

Car Damage Estimates

I finally got the estimates for the repair on my car bumper. I went to the two body shops here in Hardin. One estimate is for $705 and the other is for $739. I called the people who hit me and they would like to pay out of their pocket. Their deductable is $1000 and with the estimate lower than that they would rather pay themselves. This will also keep this off their insurance and help their rates. I know what it costs to have teenage drivers on your insurance and can just imagine what this will do to their rates. Especially when I found out that this is the girl's second accident.

We would like to have them pay us directly and then we will make the appointment to get the work done and then pay for it. This way we know for sure that it was paid for. Besides with two different people might confuse the workers and that would be a nightmare. This way we will have the work done and pay for it. We have decided to go to the $705 estimate. I'm sure both do a good job and this body shop came highly recommended.

I am just appalled at how much cheap plastic costs. The problem with my bumper is that it is two tone and naturally the damage is on both colors. Not that it would matter anyway because the bumper is one piece and would have to be painted anyway.

No comments: