Friday, September 9, 2011

Garberville CA to Reedsport OR

We are now starting to make our way back home, heading north. Stopped in a grove at the Avenue of the Giants that we missed yesterday. It was nice walking on the trail looking at these huge trees. This was the stop that Mom and I walked through 9 years ago. We left Grandma in the car.

Today we are meeting back up with Pat & Sandi, their bike is fixed and they are ready to travel again.

We ate lunch in Gold Beach and had the best clam chowder I have ever had in a restaurant along the Rogue River. Our little boat that we saw yesterday is now flooded since high tide. Didn't think to take photos.

We stopped in Coos Bay at the dealership for a break and to look around. I bought some pins here. Before the trip we had mentioned stopping at the Coos Bay dealer and Pat just wrinkled his nose and said that they don't like Coos Bay. Now I know why, this is the second time that they had their bike repaired in Coos Bay. I guess I wouldn't like a town if I was stuck there. The Harley dealership in Coos Bay is the most western dealership.

We arrived in Reedport and now our group is back together again. Ate supper at a Mexican restaurant just down the street.

No comments: