Monday, September 12, 2011

Oak Harbor to Colville WA

Leaving Oak Harbor and traveled through the North Cascades National Park. There is no entry fee to this park, so we didn't save any money on our park pass that we bought this year. We have only used it twice since we bought it in July. Good thing that it is good for a year, so will have to get some use out of it.

This park is just scenery, not very many pull out places to good views.

We got into Colville in the late afternoon, got checked in. Again we ran into problems with reservations. The front desk said that they did not have any reservation down for us. Wonderful, here we go again. Fortunately they had rooms for all of us, which is surpising considering that it was a three day weekend. Sandi did go out and find her paper with the confirmation numbers. I did call the motel in Missoula to confirm the reservation that Sandi had made, since twice we have run into problems. Missoula had us down.

We had to drive to eat dinner, so this time we chose Chinese. It was good food, however the waitress did spill food down my back. As she was placing the food, some sweet & sour chicken fell off the plate and down my back. At first I thought that it hit my jacket, but pretty soon my back felt warm. She apologized profusely, got me a glass of club soda to clean off my shirt. She rinsed out my jacket. It was an accident so what are you going to do. Fortunately I was wearing a black t-shirt. My meal was not comped and we did leave her a good tip. I felt at least my meal should have been comped, but I didn't complain. The waitress is working for minimum wage and my meal would have been taken out of her check. Now I move out of the way from a waitress.

No comments: