Friday, May 24, 2013

Garage Party

Wednesday I went to the Women's Only Garage Party at the Harley dealership.  The garage parties are geared to get women interested in riding.  The motto is "Go From the Back Seat to the Front".  At this particular garage party we were able to enter into a sweepstakes to win some great prizes.

There are four prizes, a motorcycle safety course, a trip for two to Milwaukee for the 110th rally, a $1,000 Harley gift card and the grand prize is a 2014 Harley sportster super low.  Gary had me go to win the bike. 

The only prizes I'm interested in winning is the gift card and the bike.  I already went to the safety course and got my endorsement last summer and we are not going to Milwaukee this year.  Unless I can get the cash equivalent then I would be interested.  This is a national sweepstakes so there will be thousands of names for the drawings.

Had a good time, usually do at these.  Met up with two friends Vickie and Kitty.  We were fed a dinner of pulled BBQ pork, chips with three different kinds of dips, lemon bars for dessert and frozen juice bars.  No adult beverages on this one but pop was provided.

For going we also got a $10 coupon for shopping, so I bought a shirt, a simple white tank top.  I also tried on a pair of riding boots, which I told Gary that they can get me for my birthday. 

I did win a prize locally from the air shock vendor that was there, I got a baseball cap which I gave to Gary.  Now he can't say I don't give him anything.

No comments: