Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Cody Tae Kwon Do Tournament

Last Saturday we had a tae kwon do tournament in Cody.  A great opportunity to visit the Grandma's in Meeteetse and check out Mom's new house.  I was excited to be her first guest to spend the night.

Jennifer went with me, she had a rough two weeks at work.  She had to work 10 days straight and each day she worked 1-2 hours overtime.  She really needed a break and this would give her a chance to get out of town for the weekend.

We had to be in Cody by 9:00 so that meant leaving Hardin by 6:30 am.  I had every intention of getting an early start, but the tires on my car had other ideas.  I had low air pressure in a tire and needed to get it filled.  There went my extra time and now I'm running late.  The tournaments never get started on time anyway.

We got into Cody right at 9:00 am, it didn't take me long to find the school, it is easy to find.  All my students were there before me.  I had five students competing and it was a short tournament.  Jennifer and I both work the tournament, helps make the time go fast.  Three of my students were high enough in rank to help too and we get a free lunch.  We were done with the tournament by 3:30 pm, my students did well.  Had 5 students compete in 12 events and they all medaled in all their events, coming home with 4 gold, 5 silver and 3 bronze medals.

After the tournament Jennifer and I went to get a drink, then we looked over paperwork and brochures on the next trip that Grand Master Park is hosting.  This trip will be going to Las Vegas in June.  It's a 5 day trip and we would be touring the National Parks (Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Bryce & Zion).  We both want to go on this trip.  The price is $1068 per person and that includes air, hotels, transportation, meals and entrance into the National Parks.

I told Mom that I would buy her some new bedding for her house, so we bought two new bedding sets for her beds in the new house.  She had some bedding but I wanted to get her a gift for her new house.  We got to Meeteetse around 5:00, visited for a bit then went out for dinner at The Elk Horn.

Before dinner, we stopped at the new house and got a tour.  It is a very beautiful home and Mom will have fun with it.  I am amazed at the size of the garage, she could easily get 4 cars inside, it is huge.  She has plenty of storage space.  After dinner went back to the house for more visiting, then Jennifer and I went back to town.

I was amazed that the old owners left the two bedroom furniture sets, it is very nice.  In the queen/antique room they left a queen sized bed, two dressers and two night stands.  In the king/western room they left the king sized bed, dresser and table at the foot of the bed.  The man made this furniture.  Jennifer and I already call dibs on the antique dresser with the mirror.  Mom already has set rules to the new house, mainly I have to leave that dresser in Meeteetse.  It wouldn't fit in my car anyway.

Mom doesn't have furniture in the house yet and no internet or tv yet, that will come later.  I packed a couple camping chairs for us to sit on, but we were so tired that we just got ready for bed. The beds are very comfortable and we got a good nights sleep.  I got better sleep than I would have if we stayed in the trailer.  We are going to have so much fun staying at Helen's Hotel.

Sunday morning I woke up early, walked to the Wee Market to get a cup of coffee and some little donuts for a quick bite to eat before church.  We had to be at church by 8:30.  After church we went back to the new house to pack up our stuff and I was told to take some zucchini, squash, cucumbers and tomatoes.  I only took some zucchini (4 huge ones) and one tomato (the rest are tiny).  We don't eat squash, but I do make zucchini bread.

More visiting with the Grandma's, they fed us lunch then we had to get back to Hardin.  I told Gary that we would be home for supper.  Besides I had received a weather alert for high winds in the Cody area later in the afternoon.  I got home before the winds.

Had a good time visiting, came home with 4 huge zucchini and a bottle of white wine.  What more could I ask for.

No comments: