Monday, February 3, 2014

Being Crafty

I had a three day weekend a couple weeks ago so I decided to try my hand at sewing.








Last May when I participated in the Women's Run, there was a woman selling these cute skirts. She is originally from Montana.  They are called Sweet Spot Skirts that she makes and are designed to wear as a cover up over your work out clothes.  She had a booth during the Women's Run but my friend and I couldn't find it.








We found it on line and they are on the pricey side $70 for a skirt.  My friend and I got to looking and thinking that these would be a simple thing to make, so we decided to try it.  The skirts are reversible so you need two pieces of contrasting fabric
.




I bought my fabric several months ago but was just too busy to sit down and get it done.  I had to figure out how to make a pattern anyway.  My friend made hers a while ago and said that they were real simple.








I finally sat down and made my little skirt.  A seamstress I am not.  I had to guess on how much fabric to by so I bought 2 1/2 yards of each, then I had to find the 4 way snaps. 








I had the measurements of the finished skirt from the web site and got to figuring things out.  It has been many years since I have sewn anything, think the last time I did was in high school home ec class.  I think a real seamstress would cringe on how I measured.








It only took an afternoon to finish, it is pretty simple.  All I have left is to put on the snaps but have to find the tool first.  I think it turned out ok, it does match the real thing.  I do have some tweaking to do.








Need to have Mary check it out and give me pointers on the waist band.  It gaps in the back when you wear it, but as a cover up it will do.






I'm having problems with attaching photos to here.  You can see the photos on my picasa site.







1 comment:

Mary~Momathon said...

Oh, I have to see it! For some reason I missed this post earlier. I'm sure it's great!