Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Hair Cut

A couple weeks ago I got my hair cut very short.  I go through phases in my hair styles.  I decided that I wanted long hair about two and a half years ago.  I started growing it long when I had my surgery.  Wanted a new look then.


After dealing with long hair for two and a half years, I got tired of it.  My hair is thick and hot.  Doesn't help that I have hot flashes from time to time, then I get very hot.  I had managed to get my hair all one length this time.


Having long hair while biking is difficult too.  I was always having to brush the tangles out of my hair and it made it difficult to tie my hair back and wear my helmet.


One day I looked in the mirror and just said yuck.  I was feeling old and felt I looked old, so it was time for a change.


I went and got my hair cut short, very short.  I am now wearing a pixie cut.  I love it.  I feel so much better and I look younger too.  Maybe that is my wishful thinking.


It is a bit cool during the winter without all that warmth on the top of my head but that's ok.  It is going to be nice during bike season, just run my fingers through my hair and I'm done.


I posted the before and after photos on facebook, which I think most of you already saw them.  I did keep my "knowledge" highlights, not getting rid of those.


It's amazing what a new hair cut and style will do for your psyche, it just makes your day.




2 comments:

Mmom said...

I like it short. You look very spiffy!

Mary~Momathon said...

No need to look old when you aren't old! Can't wait to see the new look in person.