Monday, May 11, 2015

Montana Women's Run

Saturday I ran in the Montana Women's Run and finished.  Last year I said I was going to run, but ended up running & walking.  I didn't train as much.  This year I did it.
Getting ready to head to the starting line

Just crossed the finish line, making my way to get the chip off the shoe and get my flower

The Women's Run has two distances a 5 mile and a 2 mile.  My goal is to run the 5 mile when I'm 55.  For now I will just run 2 miles, need to work up to the 5.

My time was 23:18, Overall, I came in 454 out of 4,034.  In my age group 50-54 I came in 25 out of 341.  My pace was 11:39 per mile.  In total there were over 8,000 women entered in the Run this year.

I took off 1 minute and 12 seconds off my time last year.

Last year when I signed up, I made a mistake and marked that I would run it in 20 minutes or less, all this did we let me get towards the front of the pack.  This year I was honest and marked more than 20 minutes.  Lesson learned, mark the faster time.

I figured that once the race started I would eventually get out of the pack.  I never got out of the pack, there were so many women.

We had to wear timing chips on our shoes, so we would get our actual times instead of the clock time.  The difference between my two times was over 3 minutes.  Then it took me a while to get into a run.

Next year I'm going to mark the faster time so that I can get more towards the front.

The weather was very rainy, in fact it was calling for rain in the forecast at racetime.  But it all turned out.  No rain didn't get wet, it was very cloudy but perfect for a race.

Gary managed to get a couple photos of me, one is just before I had to make my way to the start, we were in a coffee shop.  He did find me at the finish, but I had already crossed the line.

He had a hard time finding me.  Too many women wearing blue hats.  It was fun, I still run around town, I worked too hard to get up to this.

My goal is to eventually run around the whole loop in town.  The distance is exactly 3.2 miles which is a 5K race.

1 comment:

Mmom said...

Those are pretty impressive numbers. You don't look like you even broke a sweat.