Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas 2009

We had a very nice and quiet Christmas this year. We stayed home for the whole weekend, the only place I went was to church on Christmas morning.

We rented some movies for the weekend. IGA is the only place in town where you can rent decent movies and they were having a special. We could rent movies for .99 and keep them for two days, they didn't need to be back until Saturday afternoon. We rented the new Star Trek, Duplicity, Knowing and The International.

We watched Star Trek on Christmas Eve, we liked it. A very predictable Start Trek movie. I didn't make it to Midnight Mass this year, I was just too tired. I had been up since 4:30 am and it was a long day. At work, we had our annual Christmas Eve brunch. Not very many people showed up, but we sure did enjoy some good food and company.

Christmas morning arrived pretty uneventful at our house. No more little kids waiting anxiously to see what Santa brought them. I finished baking my pies, then got ready for church. Jennifer was still sleeping, so we opened presents after church. We got some of our presents early, the 42" flat screen tv, blue ray dvd player and wii gaming console, not to mention our new laptop computer. Jennifer got a nice fleece jacket from Gma, money from GGma and a new game for her nintendo DS. Gary got a $50 gift card to the Outback from his brother and a box of chocolate covered cherries with the liquid center from Jennifer. I got the movie "A Christmas Story" from Jennifer and some homemade jellies from our friends and neighbors the Hickeys. I also got a light house for my village from my friend in the office next door. My village is growing a little at a time.

The rest of the day was spent fixing a very non-traditional meal. We had chicken wings and some fixings to go with them and munch all day long. Watched the rest of our movies and in between watched snippets of football games.

The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing and watching a ton of football, so many games I couldn't even begin to tell you what bowl games we watched.

Monday morning when I came to work I had a huge present on my desk. I get along very well with the head janitor Betty, that she left a present for me. Inside were buildings for my village, I got a small house and school house, a larger coffee shop and some trees. My village is really growing. Now I just need to get some people for it.

We don't have any big plans for New Years, will just stay home and watch some movies.

No comments: