Thursday, January 7, 2010

2010

Here it is already January 7th and I'm already behind on my blog.

Our New Years was very quiet. We just stayed home and watched movies. When my kids were little we would have a movie marathon on New Years Eve. Each of us would rent a movie, I would make snacks and we would settle in and watch our movies. At midnight we would stop and watch the ball drop on tv. This year I didn't make it to midnight, went to bed at 11:00. Woke up sudden when my neighbor decided to shoot off fireworks. Also the local guy who owns the huge fireworks set some of his off. I was in a sound sleep and woke up with a start. It sure sounded like those fireworks were right by the bedroom window.

I have continued this tradition, even though all my kids are grown and have left the nest. Jennifer is still with the nest. We got three movies and not a huge selection to chose from. This year we rented "District 9", "The Proposal" and "Inglourious Basterds".

Of the three, only "The Proposal" was good. "District 9" was just too plain weird, in fact we didn't even finish watching it. "Inglourious Basterds" was ok, what does one expect from a Quentin Tarantino movie. At least this movie has a good plot to follow.

Friday we went to Billings for grocery shopping and we got back home in time to watch the bowl games. We watched so many football games over the weekend, that I lost count on how many and who played who.

Saturday I left for Meeteetse to get my grandma fix. It is always nice to visit, even short ones. The last time I was in Meeteese was last summer, so it had been a while. Meeteetse was quite a bit warmer than Hardin. It was only 20 degrees in Hardin when I left and by the time I reached Cody, it was a balmy 40 degrees. Wyoming was warmer than Montana.

We went out to eat at the Elk Horn for our dinner and we had some New Years cheer that the owner bought us. That was very nice of her. Then back to the house to visit and I read all their cards and letters.

Sunday morning we went to church then afterwards went to Lucille's for coffee. People from Cody who were at church joined us. Had a good visit. Then it was time to get back to the house and then back to Lucille's for lunch. Had her shrimp dinner special. After lunch it was time for me to head back North. Wanted to get home before it got too dark.

I got home around 4:30. Stopped at the Maverick station in Bridger and it was a very busy place, both coming and going. Had good weather both ways, in fact it got colder when I headed north.

No comments: