Friday, July 8, 2011

30 Year Class Reunion

Last weekend was my 30 year high school class reunion. Started getting information in March and I registered in April for the three day event. It cost $70 for two people to participate in everything for the three days. That included a boating trip at the dam, the meet & greet, the dinner and dance, golfing and the picnic.

I signed up for the Meet & Greet on Friday night, the dinner and dance on Saturday and picnic n Sunday. They were going to have an alternate event on Saturday for those not interested in golfing, but there was not enough interest for the alternate. That's ok.

Gary didn't really want to go with me so I asked Mom is she wanted to come. She would be in Hardin anyway to pay her bills. I went to her 30 year reunion 26 years ago and it was only fitting that she went to mine.

The meet and greet was supposed to start at 6:30 pm at Mojoes, a coffee shop that one of my classmates owns. Mom came to my house and we walked on over since it's only a block away. Got there a few minutes early and we were the only ones there. The clerk knew about the party but couldn't get ahold of anyone to find out what to do and she really needed to lock up. We told her that we would wait outside, that way she can lock up and if no one came by we could just leave and not leave the business open. It was about 7:00 before people started showing up. They got off the lake late.

Good thing Mom always brings her camera with her. The batteries in my camera had died on my, so Mom was snapping away. There must have been about 40 of us there. Had a good time visiting and posing for photos. I had told Gary that this thing will probably last a couple hours, after all it was just a meet and greet. We didn't get home until 11:00.

Saturday was the dinner and dance. For dinner we had prime rib. I told Gary and Mom that they could arm wrestle for it. Mom won. The dinner was out at the golf course. Cocktails were at 6:00 pm and then dinner at 7:00 pm. We arrived about quarter after six and had our cocktails and visited some more. Got some more photos. A slide show was on showing the fun on Friday. Looking back I should have gone on the lake, looks like they had alot of fun. Dinner was good, but it was very hot in the dining area. No airconditioning. A few speeches were made. Amber Clifton had made a slide show of events in high school and of the past reunions. That was fun. Then it was time for dancing. Had a DJ and it was the son of one of my classmates. I got out on the floor and danced quite a bit. In fact most of us women did the dancing, just a few guys. Mom even got out on the floor. Got pretty hot dancing out there. Once they opened the doors and got a fan going to circulate the air it got better. Things started to slow down around midnight, so we decided to head on home.

Mom went back to Meeteetse on Sunday so she missed the picnic. Gary went to the picnic with me. I told him that he had to go, people weren't believing me that I had a husband. Some were glad that Mom wasn't there, said she was pretty wicked with her camera and afraid of some of the pics. I told them that I have the pics and they breathed a sigh of relief. Not too sure that it's any safer with me than with Mom.

The picnic was held at the Devore house just out of town and it was pretty warm that day. Tables were set up outside under some shade and also in the garage with a couple fans. We were served burgers, brats assorted chips and dips and assorted salads. It was all very good. We ate in the garage where it was nice and cool and we managed to get a table by the fan.

Got to visit some more, soon Deanna Devore came out wearing her old cheerleading uniform from high school. She had an extra uniform and convinced Janet Freeman to put it on. They were both cheerleaders in high school. Not bad for them to still fit into their cheerleading uniforms after 30 years. Got one final group photo. We were there for three hours before heading home.

Had a great time and it was very nice to see my classmates. Some I haven't seen since graduation. I have to honestly say that the women aged better than the men. There was only one who I didn't recognize right away, until she took off her sunglasses and started to talk.

1 comment:

Mary~Momathon said...

Sounds like a whole weekend of fun! That was nice of them to plan it well. Wonder who did all of that