Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Clean Bill of Health

Last week I had my six week post-op checkup. It was actually a 5 week checkup as my doctor went of vaction for the sixth week. I got a clean bill of health and I can now see my regular medical provider unless I have any major gynocological problems. All restrictions were lifted and I can now be normal again. I can sit back and wait for the bills to come in.

The doc was pleased and a bit surprised at how well I healed. I am a very healthy 48 year old woman and it had helped that I was in somewhat physical shape. I did tell him that I had gone on a couple motorcycle rides and he was not surprised at all.

I am slowly getting back to the active physical condition that I was before the surgery but have to take baby steps. Can't get in the pool for swimming because the pool is closed until Labor Day for their annual cleaning (goofing off). I will probably drown since I will be out of the water for two months.

I have been walking alot more and faster, just this morning I jogged about a half mile. I was up to three miles before.

My overall health is just fantastic and I feel great. I am handling the hot flashes without any problems so no need for hormone therapy (not that I would do this anyway). I do freeze out Gary and Jennifer with the air conditioning but they are just going to have to get used to it.

Now Gary and I are gearing up for our motorcycle trip to the Oregon Coast. We are also going to Northern California to see the Redwood Forest and then up the Washington coast. We are leaving on Friday and will be home on Labor Day.

1 comment:

Mmom said...

Ok, now you can kick the stuffing out of the Black Belts. Just keep a close eye on their kicks