Thursday, August 4, 2011

Surgery Week Three

I am enjoying my time off from work, but getting very bored at home. Don't know how housewives do it. It was pointed out to me that housewives have small children at home, I don't.

We went on the Beartooth Harley bike night dinner ride on Friday. We went to the Rib & Chop house. It was so much better than the last one we went on, at least we got food this time. The Rib & Chop house is just around the corner from the dealership, so we took the scenic route to get there. It was just a small ride, but fun. We had a great dinner, Gary had ribs and I had the chicken. A great time, we didn't win any door prizes. After dinner we spent the night at our friends place Marty & Vicky.

The guys planned a ride for Saturday morning to go to Red Lodge and up Beartooth Pass. First Gary got a new front tire for the bike, wanted to get a new one before our Oregon coast ride and he made the appointment before Sturgis. Otherwise the dealership will be too busy. Got the tire on first thing in the morning.

Another friend Leroy joined us for the ride to Red Lodge. Had great weather and it was nice and cool in Red Lodge. However, Leroy was having mechanical problems with his bike, so he turned around and headed back to Billings. We had a coke in Red Lodge, then felt bad about Leroy so we headed back to Billings. Didn't want to see Leroy on the side of the road broke down.

Leroy must have made it to Billings as we didn't see him stranded. Ate lunch in Rockvale then came home. We will make the pass another time.

Now I'm getting ready for the girls road trip to Minnesota. Got the oil in my car changed, car is cleaned and now I'm getting my packing done.

No comments: