Friday, August 19, 2011

Minnesota and Como Zoos

Our last day in Minnesota was spent visiting the Minnesota and Como Zoos. One of the stipulations of my visit to my nephews was that they take me to the zoo so that I can see the bears. Their mom took me instead. The Minnesota Zoo has more animals and we walked all over. We watched the dolphin show and got to see the baby dolphin born last year. We missed the bird show as we were too busy looking at all the other exhibits. We had coupons for a few dollars off our admission price to this zoo. After visiting this zoo we then ate lunch and went to the Como Zoo. This is a smaller zoo but had a couple different animals, polar bears, zebras and giraffes. We also rode the Cafesjian's Carousel. This was built in 1914, the horses are hand carved and painted.





No comments: