Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resolutions

Again it is time to make those New Year resolutions that are never kept. I had to go back and see what my resolutions were last year. I only had two; to lose 10 pounds and be diligent in taking my calcium suppliments. I didn't keep either one.

Instead of losing 10 pounds, I gained 15. This is because of having surgery in July and since I'm going through menopause I am just having a very hard time keeping the weight off. I am at a plateau now which is good, but just wish the scale would move down. I am still exercising and watching what I eat. It doesn't help with all the biking we do in the summer and also I was not allowed to do anything for six weeks. It was hard getting back to normal but I got there.

The calcium supplements that I was taking were horse pills. I have always had a hard time swallowing pills, small ones not so much but when the pills are huge I just can't swallow. Then I discovered Viactiv. Those are chocolate chew calcium. Taking a chocolate chewy calcium supplement is a big improvement over the horse pills. I did get better, just not every day like I'm supposed to.

For 2012, here are my resolutions.

Going to lose these 15 pounds that I have gained. Can't be that hard, just a pound a month is all that I ask. I am still exercising 6 days a week. I go twice on Mondays & Wednesdays and on Saturdays I go for a longer time.

Take my calcium supplements daily. So far I am doing good, but then again it has been 3 days. The chocolate chews are ten times better than the horse pills. Even though they are a bit more pricey, at least I can take them.

Be more diligent in going to church. I took the whole year off last year from going to church. It was so easy to come up with excuses for not going that I just ended up not going. Got off on the right foot this year. Went to 8:00 mass, then we went to Billings to meet our friends at 10:00. It's going to be harder next month. There is only going to be one mass on Sundays now at 9:00.

Drink more water. I don't get enough water during the day. Again this all goes to menopause as I get dehydrated more than before. I am doing better, but probably not getting all that is needed. I've read that you are supposed to drink at least 60 ounces of water a day. I am getting about 40 ounces a day. It's easy at work, but not so much at home.

3 comments:

Mmom said...

What prompted the good Father to finally go to just one Sunday Mass? I'm assuming he still does the Saturday night one.

Wolfpak5 said...

Saturday is still the same. He said that he got tired of people asking him when the change was going to happen.

Mary~Momathon said...

I've seen those chocolate chewy calcium supplements, but I am cheap and just take tums. I do buy the good tums though.