Friday, March 9, 2012

Movie Date

On Monday I had a movie date with our granddaughters Alexus and Mariah. Jennifer and I had wanted to see the movie "The Lorax". We both remember the story that I used to read to her when she was small. I always joke around that in order to see a kid movie I would have to rent some.

Anyway, the grandkids have always wanted to do something with us besides the Christmas shopping trip. Thought this would be a perfect event.

I got the okay from their mother, wasn't sure what her rules were on school nights. I picked the girls up at the other grandparents house and they were very excited. Brandon had a school thing going on and he didn't want to go to the little kids movie. I did invite him along too but figured he wouldn't go.

I ended up taking an extra kid, their cousin Sierra wanted to go and she had her own money. No problem we know their cousin, she says we are her grandparent too. The girl is a cousin on their stepfather's side. Glad I took some extra money with me, besides Jennifer had brought some extra too.

I paid for everyone to get in, I forgot how expensive taking a family to the movie was. For two adults and three kids it cost $31.50 to get in. It was another $25 for the snacks. Sierra bought her own snack so that helped. Both girls had a small pop and candy, while Jennifer and I shared a popcorn but we had our own pop. The girls both asked if they could have candy and I said yes. Then they tell me that they never get candy at a movie. Oops, but I didn't get in trouble with their mother.

We found our seats and settled in. Sure enough another family came in and sat in front of us. There was plenty of seating for them that they could have thought this process better, but the dad sat right in front of Mariah. She was upset because she couldn't see, so me in a voice loud enough for the family to hear told the girls to move down.

It may just be me, but when I go to a movie I always make sure that I don't sit in front of little ones if I can help it.

We had a good time and I would like to do this again in the future. Now Mariah says that her Grandpa Gary looks like the Lorax. I guess in a way he does with his moustache.

No comments: