Monday, March 19, 2012

St Patrick's Day

Had a wonderful St. Patrick's Day on Saturday. For once the weather cooperated and it was beautiful, 70 degrees couldn't ask for better this time of year. Again we rode in the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Billings.

We left Hardin early to eat breakfast in Billings, we were going to eat in town but both cafe's were closed. So much for wanting local business. It was a little chilly riding to Billings at 7:45 am but not too bad. We ate breakfast at Denny's downtown as it was close to where we had to stage for the parade.

This year both the Patriot Guard Riders and HOG chapter were in the same group. Most of the HOG members are Patriot Guard Riders so it just made more sense to be together. With the nice weather had about 60 bikes in the parade. Alot of people were out watching the parade and we really had to watch out for little ones running out to get the candy. There were people riding bicycles along the route reminding the people that they had to get back.

I packed my camera so that I could take some photos but I didn't have a sd card in the camera. My sd card was still in my computer when I downloaded the tae kwon do photos. Good thing I had my cell phone, so got a few shots with that. I managed to get a video of our biker piper.

Right after the parade we headed home to get the pickup and pack up for the dinner party. I made a pistachio salad for the dinner and we decided to spend the night in Billings. Back to Billings we went, got checked in to our motel room. Decided to spend the night as we had a HOG chapter meeting on Sunday and we just didn't want to drive back home after a night of drinking and dining.

Made our way to our hosts, Dean & Lynn for corned beef and cabbage dinner. They had invited 50 people to their party and had about 24 there. Gary and I were early, apparently two e-mails were sent out and ours said 2:30, we didn't get there until 3:00. Lynn had most of the stuff going, she had 3 crock pots of corned beef going. We sat around and got some visiting in, they wouldn't let us help them with anything.

People started showing up around 4:00 and that is when I was able to help set things up, I had some backup. The meal was very delicious and the theme of things was to keep it green. We all sat around and visited.

I did end up playing a game of pool with Lynn's two grandchildren and we played by different rules. I was not allowed to use the cue ball to hit the other balls. I could only hit the stripe balls.

The party was over around 8:00 and once we got to our motel, we went down to sit in the hot tub which was very crowded with kids. Felt good.

On Sunday morning we just lazed around the motel, did go back and sit in the hot tub after breakfast. We didn't have to check out until 12:00 so we took advantage. We checked out around 10:00 and ran some errands before heading to out HOG chapter meeting. This is the last indoor meeting, starting in April we will be riding.

At the meeting I won a visor organizer as a participation prize. I need to win an insulated coffee mug for Gary. I won one in November now need one to match.

We had a very fun weekend, too bad it went by so fast. I put my party photos on picasa.

No comments: