Friday, December 7, 2012

Dentist

Tuesday I had a dentist appointment and also a HOG Officer Meeting, so just made a day out of it.

My dentist appointment was for a filling, I was so hoping that I wouldn't have to get any more shots in my mouth, but that was not to be.  It actually wasn't that bad, the sound of the drill is the worst.  Was not comfortable with all that stuff in my mouth.  They put this tent like thing around my tooth with uncomfortable clips so I have this big plastic thing in my mouth.  It didn't take long to get the filling, I was done in an hour, however it took two hours before the novocaine wore off.

My dentist is very pleased on how well I have healed when I had all this dental surgery done four years ago.  He said that I may be able to get a couple implants and a bridge for the lower teeth and possibly for the upper ones as well.  I will have to think about that.  I have had no problems with the partials and will have to check with the insurance on what they will pay.  I know they won't pay for implants as those are cosmetic and last time I checked implants were $1000 per tooth.  Also I don't want to have to go through dental surgery again getting implants requires drilling in my jaw bone. 

After my dentist appointment I then got the oil changed in my car.  I have to get new CV boots on the front axles as mine are cracked and leaking.  The mechanic made it sound like my car would quit working as soon as I drove off the lot.  I think it can wait, Subaru would charge me $700-800 for this repair.  There is a mechanic in Hardin that will do the same work for quite a bit less, so will have him check it out.

Went to Wal-Mart for some shopping, can't eat lunch until the numbness in my mouth is gone.  My next stop was Best Buy, as I was stopped at the light there was a silver subaru just like Mom's in the left hand lane, this car even had 22 county plates.  I couldn't see the driver, as soon as the light turned green I got a quick glimpse of the driver and it sure looked like my Mom.  I got into the parking lot and made a quick call to my Mom.

Sure enough that silver subaru was my Mom.  She was in Billings running an errand and was on her way back to Meeteetse.  She couldn't meet for lunch as it was late and she wanted to get back before it got too late and all the deer come out.  Afterwards I thought I shouldn't have called her as Billings has the hands free ordinance.  I didn't tell her that I had to be in Billings because she already had been to Hardin to pay bills and had already gone back to Meeteetse, besides I had to be in Billings all day because I also had the HOG Officer meeting that night.

The rest of the day was spent mindlessly wandering around.  I went to Barnes & Noble to read on my kindle before heading out to my meeting.  It was nice to sit in Starbucks with a latte and just read.

1 comment:

Mmom said...

I was in Blgs to get toner for my printer. I was stopped at a stop light when you called which really surprised me, cause I don't get many calls on my cell. When I saw it was from you I thought something must be up for you to call at that time of day. So I answered. However the light did change and I had to drive while still talking. Good thing there were no patrol cars at that light just then.