Monday, December 3, 2012

Park's Christmas Party

Saturday was the annual Park's Christmas Party held in Billings at the Billings Convention Center.  This is a dress up party which I enjoy very much but Gary hates wearing his suit.

The party started at 6:00 pm with a dinner.  This year we had an assortment of delicious salads, a seafood fettucini, turkey & stuffing and roast beef plus assorted desserts.  We had green beans and also mashed potatoes and gravy.  The food was very good this year, however they called table numbers to get food and started out with table number 21 first.  We were table three.  Still food left, except for the seafood fettucini.

After dinner we have our awards presentation.  In the meantime a couple kids are selling raffle tickets.  I always buy $10 worth each year.  But I buy 5 one time then wait and buy 5 more.  I like the space with the ticket numbers.  Most of the time I do come home with at least one prize.

After the awards presentation then it was time to start dancing.  Naturally this year Gangnam was the dance.  One of the ladies at our table didn't know what that was and it was hard to explain it.  Basically I told her that you pretty much hop around like you are riding a horse.  It didn't take long to show her how the dance goes.  She loved it.  It was fun especially watching Grand Master and Mrs. Park Gangnam.

Soon it was time to draw numbers for prizes.  I won a prize in the first group and that was a silver photo frame with a tag on it reading "The Girls" and a little photo album that will hold about 20 photos.  In the second round I won a key fob with a huge butterfly on it. 

The grand prizes are awarded at the end of the night around 10:00.  Every year the big grand prize is a tv and then he has another grand prize,usually a dvd player or a gaming console.

I won the tv this year.  It was funny because I told Gary that this was going to be my year winning the tv.  This tv is a Sanyo 39" flat screen hi-def tv.  Very nice.  It has taken me 20 years to win the tv.  One little boy came up to me and said that he would trade me his trophy for the tv.  I said no thank you very politely.

Not sure what to do with this tv.  It's too big to put in the bedroom and if I put it in the extra room, will have to buy a new stand as it won't fit in our old entertainment center.  The tv in our livingroom is bigger, so have some decisions to make.

I have had a couple offers from people who said they would buy it, I do know how much it cost in the store but will have to talk to Gary and see what he says.

No comments: