Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Grandma Fix

I got my grandma fix over the weekend.  I was originally going to go two weekends ago but a storm came through and they were busy. 

I left town on Saturday morning and had a beautiful drive.  I got to Meeteetse at lunch time.  I had to call when I was in Cody so that Mom could get lunch ready.  My job was to help them eat up Thanksgiving leftovers.

It was a nice weekend just to visit.  We didn't go to town for anything.  Grandma is just getting over a touch of the stomach flu so she had no energy to do anything.

It was trying to snow on Sunday so I left after lunch.  Grandma told me to get on the road before it go too bad.  I also wanted to get home before dark to avoid the deer.  I did come home with some stuff, two crocks and two commemorative whiskey bottles and some books.

I did run into snow between Meeteetse and Cody and then again just out of Cody.  Ran into rain from Clark to Bridger.  Snow again about 10 miles from Hardin.  The snow was not bad yet and very light.  The roads were just wet but by nightfall it was snowing pretty good in Hardin and roads were slick and icy.  Glad I got home when I did.

I hope to make another trip for a short visit in January sometime.  It will have to be after our Hawaii trip, this way I will have pictures to show.

1 comment:

Mary~Momathon said...

Sounds like a nice weekend. Thanks for cheering up Grandma and Mom after the flu. Glad you missed the snow