Friday, November 23, 2012

HOG Secretary Again!

Sunday was our chapter HOG meeting and the White Elephant Auction.  It was also the meeting where officers are elected or in this case who ever said yes.  This year the officer positions up for election were Director, Secretary and Membership.  I am doing another term for secretary which is two years but I'm term limited this time.  We have a new director as our old one was term limited.  He sure did appreciate me driving from Hardin to the meetings and the very few that I missed.  I only missed those due to weather.

The White Elephant Auction meeting is one of our most attended.  During the winter we meet at Bones Brewery and the chapter buys the meat from Bones while members bring the side dishes.  Bones has new management and this is our last year of pot luck, they are going to want to have us buy our meal from them, which makes sense. 

During the year for every meeting or event that we attended we got a ticket.  For the riding meetings we got not only the meeting ticket but we also got a ticket for every 100 miles we rode to get to the meeting.  Also during the year we got an extra ticket for every 1000 miles.  As a passenger I get credit for 80% of Gary's 1000 miles.  This year we put on 7171 miles on the new bike.  We were amazed because we didn't go on any big trips, but all those little trips added up.  Every ticket was then but into a box and names were drawn for prizes.  Gary and I didn't win any of the prizes but it was fun.  Maybe next year. 

There were many items to auction off and I came home with a pair of Griz slippers.  They don't fit me but my original plan was to give them to one of the grandkids, but when I got home the slippers fit Jennifer and I haven't seen them since.

We had a good time, it always is when we get together with all our biker friends and we get to eat good food. Looking forward to a fun year ahead.

No comments: